Sunday, February 12, 2012

She has no idea. . .

how much this meant to me!  As my previous post explained, the random number generator didn't pick me for the Bead Soup Blog Party.  I was still going to create something to challenge myself and post it on my blog, but it wasn't going to be quite the same.

Imagine my total surprise when I received a package in the mail. . .


containing a wonderful Bead Soup!


My friend Natasha from N's Whims was selected, and didn't want me to miss out on the fun.  The package she sent to inspire me to work outside my box included fun ceramic, stone, Czech glass, African Krobo, and "who knows" beads (too cute!); along with some gorgeous Trinity Brass silver chain, filigree, and findings.  I haven't worked with silver for a long time, and have never worked with Trinity Brass, so I am really excited to play!

I'll be hopping all over the blogs on reveal day checking out the incredible baubles and beads, and will be tickled to be able to post my own Bead Soup design. 

I don't think Natasha realized how much her unexpected gift meant to me, but hope she does now. . .  ♥  

5 comments:

  1. Ooo! That warms my heart Mimi :) What a wonderful surprise! Gorgeous beads - love those funky ceramic beads. Can't wait to see what you make with your stash. Natasha is a true gem :) ~ Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. She truly is, Karen. :) It's amazing the friendships that have come out of this wonderful art of creating jewelry. You are another of those gems! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so incredibly sweet! I wish I could have sent out 200 packages to people who didn't get in (cries).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please don't feel bad, Lori! What you do by setting this all up is simply incredible, and I LOVE your idea for those that weren't selected to challenge themselves and still post for those hopping back from comments left on the reveals. I am so excited for those that did get in, and simply can't wait to see all the beautiful creations and start hopping!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, you have created such a lovely exchange and conversation amongst designers--we are all so thankful of that! Mimi, this was SO fun for me, it was hard to keep quiet until you got it. Made my year!!! Can't wait to see what you make and to be inspired by your talent!

    ReplyDelete